Sunday, January 3, 2010

Catch-up January

Looking back on my YA favorites of 2009, I noticed that there are quite a few books published last year still sitting on my to-read pile (and waiting for me at the library). So, I decided to play catch-up this month and read these fine books which are sure to find their way to my favorites list as well.

Ash by Malinda Lo (currently reading)
Cinderella retelling. Too bad the CIP gave away a major plot point - Ash doesn't fall in love with the prince but instead the King's Huntress.

Violet Wings by Victoria Hanley
Faeries!

Beautiful Creatures by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl
Southern goth? I don't know, but lots of people are talking about it. The 500+ pages do intimidate me though.

Liar by Justine Larbalestier
I've avoided this book for months because I am never in the mood for mind games. Is the whole story a lie? When is she lying? How am I supposed to know?

The Demon King by Cinda Williams Chima
I really liked her Heir trilogy, so I'm excited for this new series. But again, the size of this volume does worry me.

Princess of the Midnight Ball by Jessica Day George
Twelve Dancing Princesses retelling. Dragon Slippers got me hooked on this wonderful author.

Need by Carrie Jones
Pixies! And the sequel, Captivate, is out, so I need to read this one first!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright 2009 This Purple Crayon. Powered by Blogger
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates
Wordpress by Wpthemesfree