1. You must read middle grade books. These are books deemed right for kids ages 9 (sometimes 8) - 12. Harry Potter would be considered a MG book. If you look for them on Amazon you need to look under children's ages 9-12.
2. Challenge starts Jan 17, 2010 and ends Dec 31, 2010. All books for the challenge must be read in that time frame.
3. Books for this challenge can cross over to other challenges.
4. Audio and ebooks count for sure!
5. There will be 4 levels:
- 5th Grader: At least 4 Books
- 6th Grader: At least 6 Books
- 7th Grader: At least 8 Books
- 8th Grader: At least 10 Books
I'm setting my standards high and plan to aim for the 8th grade level. I think I can read 10 MG books in a year. I'll be listing them here with links to reviews as I read them!
- The Case of the Missing Marquess (An Enola Holmes Mystery) by Nancy Springer - review - read 01/25/10
- The Case of the Left-Handed Lady (An Enola Holmes Mystery #2) by Nancy Springer - read 02/11/10
- Amulet: The Stonekeeper by Kazu Kibuishi - review - read 03/02/10
- Amulet: The Stonekeeper's Curse by Kazu Kibuishi - review - read 03/02/10
- The London Eye Mystery by Siobhan Dowd - review - read 04/03/10
- The Dream Stealer by Sid Fleischman - read 04/10/10
- Falling In by Frances O'Roark Dowell - read 04/25/10
- The Mysterious Howling by Maryrose Wood - review - read 05/04/10
- Calamity Jack by Dean and Shannon Hale - read 05/05/10
- Miss Daisy is Crazy! by Dan Gutman - review - read 05/12/10
- Mrs. Roopy is Loopy! by Dan Gutman - review - read 05/12/10
- Dragonbreath by Ursula Vernon - read 05/15/10
- The Thirteenth Princess by Diane Zahler - review - read 06/06/10
- Scones and Sensibility by Lindsay Eland - read 07/05/10
- One Crazy Summer by Rita Williams-Garcia - read 07/30/10
- Found by Margaret Peterson Haddix - review - read 09/11/10